It’s daddy’s turn now!
Every year, we struggle with the same question: “What should we get for dad this year?” Personally, I know I do. With three other women in my household, one always beats you to either his favorite cologne or favorite polo t-shirt or blouse.
So, what might you get him then? Well, don’t fret. Below is a list of gift ideas (if a family member hasn’t already beat you to it):
1. Take your father out to brunch or dinner; they love to be “wined and dined” too!
Dining Options (on the Upper West Side):
- Papparadelle: 316 Columbus Avenue, New York, NY 10023:
Calling out to all Dads! Let us pamper you with personal service and scrumptious father’s day specials besides our a la carte menu.
- Atlantic Grill: 49 West 64th St., New York, NY 10023
Join us on Father’s Day and enjoy some of our specials that have been chosen specifically to meet the standards of every father’s pallet!
Celebrate Father’s Day with a fantastic special prix-fixe menu featuring a 45 Day Aged Porterhouse at $75 per father! Served June 13 – 15, 2014.
- 5 Napkin Burger: 2315 Broadway, New York, NY 10024
Join us on Father’s Day for specials on Sunday, June 15th, 2014!
2. Celebrate Dad with a fun toy: the iPad or iPad mini from the Apple Store.
If you also want to be creative, you could throw in a personalized photo book. (apple.com)
You’ve captured the best moments, now it’s time to share them in an unforgettable way. Choose a theme from your iPhoto book browser and let it do all the work (cropping, framing) for you. Soft covered books also available.
Additional cool gadgets that’ll make Dad proud: Apple TV, Nike + Fuelband SE, or GAME GOLF Digital Tracking System
3. Having people over? Help cater with Fairway’s Market Delicious Catering Menu
4. Art of Shaving: Father’s deserve the Perfect Shave! Enjoy $35 off The Art of Shaving Lexington Gift Sets.
5. End the Father’s Day Sweetly!
- Magnolia Bakery: 200 Columbus Ave, New York, NY 10023
Thank Dad for all his hard work with a delicious box of vanilla and chocolate cupcakes with edible tie decorations. Happy Father’s Day!
- Sugar and Plumm (Purveyors of Yumm): 377 Amsterdam Ave, New York, NY 10024
Make Dad’s day with a game of catch, then eat the baseballs afterwards! Sounds like a win-win.
To all you lucky father’s out there, this day is all about you; so put down the tool box where your wife has kindly nagged you to fix the little nooks around the house and enjoy it! Don’t worry, it can be postponed until next weekend! 😉